1. Read these sentences
Download 19.95 Kb.
2 5332444494916750366, Абдураимов Самар анкетаси, economist, BOOK1640534807078, 02.02.2022, Результат - 123732011, iqtisodiyotni modernizatsiyalash sharoitida sanoat korxonalarini rivojlantirish yollari- 1 , iqtisodiyotni modernizatsiyalash sharoitida sanoat korxonalarini rivojlantirish yollari (1)
- Bu sahifa navigatsiya:
- 2. Choose the correct prepositions in these sentences. There seemed so little to show for / at
- Kafedra mudiri: Q. A. Egamnazarov
Samarqand Davlat Chet Tillar Instituti “Qo’shma ta’lim dasturlari” fakulteti 2 -kurs talabalari uchun “Tahliliy o’qish” fanidan oraliq savollari.
1. Read these sentences about the story. Decide if they are true or false.
The writer left the reading room feeling much worse than he did when he came in.
The chemist was not able to help with the prescription.
The writer took pills as a young boy to help with his laziness.
They all thought a sea trip would be a great idea.
Montmorency did not care for the river.
Camping out during the rain was not a pleasant idea.
They decided to sleep at inns every night.
Harris reminded the writer of his uncle.
George suggested that they should take a tent.
They thought it was better for Harris to be clean, even if they did have to carry a lot more food with them in the boat.
2. Choose the correct prepositions in these sentences.
There seemed so little to show for / at / on the business.
It was one from / at / of the most interesting and exciting operations I have ever seen.
Eventually he got some half-a-dozen out / into / onto the pan at last.
It seemed, during / towards / from his account, that he was very good at doing scrambled eggs.
At / On / In last, I managed to say: „It isn’t my shirt - it’s YOURS!”
I decided to go down to the edge and just throw the water between /into / over myself.
7. George began talking of a very funny thing that happened at / to /towards his father once.
Between / Around / Before our supper, Harris and George and I were arguing.
1. What is the metonymy based on?
a) similiarity of two objects b) contrast of two ideas c) associations between two things
2. What kind of the metaphor is the following?
Autumn comes and trees are shedding their leaves sorrowfully. a) simple; b) personification; c) prolonged;
3. What kind of association is there in the following metonymy: Never in her life wore she any gold.
a) part and the whole; b) material and the thing; c) symbol and the thing symbolized;
4. In what combination is there an epithet? a) green years; b) green leaves; c) green eyes;
5. What type of epithet is in the following sentence. He ignored his a move-of-you-dare expression.
a) reversed; b) phrase; c) compound;
6. What SD is formed by a negative construction for a positive meaning? a) antithesis; b) oxymoron; c) litotes;
7. What SD gives rhytmical arrangement of a phrase? a) repetition; b) alliteration; c) onomatopolia;
8. Of what SD is characteristic the function of creating images? a) zeugma; b) hyperbole; c) metonymy;
9. Of what SD is characteristic the function of creating humorous effect? a) epithet; b) pun; c) parallelism;
10. What is the metonymy based on? a) similiarity of two objects b) contrast of two ideas
c) associations between two things
11) What kind of the metaphor is the following? The trees crowded in the park were whispering with a gentle wind. a) simple; b) prolonged; c) personification
12) What kind of the metaphor is in the following sentence: The sweet wind gently kissed the tree?
a) simple; b) personification; c) prolonged
13) In what combination is there an epithet? a) black eyes; b) black thoughts; c) black skinned;
14) What type of epithet is in the following. It was the-never-to-be-forgotten day.
a) phrase; b) reversed; c) compound;
15) What SD is formed by a combination of 2 contrastive words? a) antithesis; b) irony; c) oxymoron;
16) What SD gives rhytmical arrahgement of phrases within the context? a) alliteration; b) repetition; c) climax;
17) Of what SD is characteristic the function of creating image? a) zeugma; b) hyperbole; c) metaphor;
18) Of what SD is characteristic the function of creating a humorous effect? a) litotes; b) simile; c) pun;
19) which SD function is to reveal contradictionary features? a) antithesis; b) irony; c) zeugma;
20) What is hyperbole based on? a) similiarity b) opposition c) exaggeration d) association
21) What kind of assiciation is there in the following metonymy: He supported the family by a pen.
a. part and the whole b. material and the thing c. symbol and the thing symbolized
22)In what combination is there an epithet? a) steel will; b) steel knife; c) good-will
23) There are … functional styles in English. A. 5; B. 6; C. 7; D. 4
24) What is hyperbole based on? A. exaggeration; B. contrast of two ideas; C. similarity of two objects;
25) In what combination is there an epithet? a) black thought; B. black eyes; C. black coffee; D. black pencil;
Kafedra mudiri: Q. A. Egamnazarov
Download 19.95 Kb.
Do'stlaringiz bilan baham:
Ma'lumotlar bazasi mualliflik huquqi bilan himoyalangan ©fayllar.org 2022
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling