Asadov Obod Variant-1 Tests (20 tests)
Download 14.67 Kb.
5-amaliy mashg'ulot, КМ мустакил ишлар 210-16 учун 2b99572ecbeaf299db48db9445ea1c5e, 8-9 амалиёт, Васильева, tur-dar-17uz1, geologik qism, Bosh kiyim kurs ishi, Fuqarolik jamiyati va uning asosiy tamoyillari, Imlo muammolari, KTE mustaqil ish, Task 18 page 31(1), Task 22 page 50(1), Task 13,14 page 46, Planshet 5
- Bu sahifa navigatsiya:
- C) the / _ / _
- A) said
- D) When / What about
- D) more beautiful
- C) whose
- (D) An Accidental Invention
- (D) From a combination of telephone and telegraph parts Total
1.Tests (20 tests)
1. ______ you go, I’ll go with you.
A) Whoever B) Whichever C) Wherever D) Whatever
2. You look very ______. What’s the matter?
A) unhappily B) happily C) unhappy D) angrily
3. It is ______ interesting book. It gives ______ wonderful picture of
what ______ life was like in ______ Victorian times.
A) an /_ / the / _ B) an / a / _ / _ C) an / a / the / _ D) a / a / the / the
4. I have noticed that ______ English people do not seem to shake
______ hands as much as people do in ______ Turkey.
A) the / __ / the B) _ / _ / _ C) the / _ / _ D) _ / _ / the
5. You’ll feel a lot better after you ______ a rest.
A) had B) have had C) will have D) had had
6. Next August, while you ______ for your exams, I ______ on a Mediterranean beach.
A) are preparing / will be B) were preparing / would be
C) prepare / will be D) were preparing / was
7. It is time we ______ goodbye to each other. The train is due to leave in a minute.
8. I think you should apologize when you______ her.
A) will see B) see C) saw D) are seen
9. His clothes are in a mess because he ______ the house all morning.
A) has been painting B) will be painting C) had been painting D) will have painted
10. I’m _____ a class _____ eight other students.
A) in / for B) at / of C) in / with D) at / off
11. A: ____does it rain here? B: Mostly in summer and winter. A: __ snow? B: In winter.
A) When / Why B) Why / How C) What time / Whom D) When / What about
12. Most of the people _____ work at 8 o’clock every morning.
A) finishes B) goes C) does D) starts
13. Why _____ you like _____ in the hotel?
A) do / working B) do / work C) does / working D) does / work
14. Many people think Scotland is ___ than England.
A) most beautiful B) the least beautiful C) least beautiful D) more beautiful
15. Isabel is a flight attendant. She _____ passengers.
A) serve B) serves C) to serve D) serving
16. Sometimes we _____ football.
A) plays B) playing C) play D) to play
17. She ___ you a letter three weeks ago.
A) had sent B) sent C) has sent D) send
18.The man ______ car was stolen phoned the police.
A) who B) which C) whose D) that
19.Bryan Adams is the singer ______ songs I like best.
A) whom B) whose C) that D) who
20.I don’t think this pen is ___, it’s ___ .
A) my/yours B) mine/your C) his/my D) yours/mine E) their/hers
The invention of the phonograph happened quite by accident. Thomas Edison
moved to Menlo Park, New Jersey, in 1876, where he established an industrial research laboratory. There, Edison was working on a carbon telephone transmitter to improve the existing Bell telephone system.
In that laboratory a year later, Edison invented the phonograph while he was trying to improve a telegraph repeater. He attached a telephone diaphragm to the needle in the telegraph repeater; in this way, he was able to reproduce a recording that could be played back. After he made some improvements to the machine, he tested it. He recited "Mary Had a Little Lamb" into the machine and played his voice back to a very surprised audience.
1. What is the best title for the passage?
(A) Thomas Edison's Many the Inventions
(B) Improvements in the Telephone and Telegraph
(C) The History of Menlo Park
(D) An Accidental Invention
2. According to the passage, the invention of the phonograph
(A) was quite unplanned
(B)Was Edison's principal project
(C) was surprising to no one machine.
(D) took many years
3. In what year did the invention of the phonograph occur?
(D) The article does not say.
4. According to the passage, how was the phonograph made?
(A) With a telephone needle and recorder
(B) From a recording of a telegraph
(C) With only a telegraph repeater
Талаба имзоси __________________________
Тасдиқлайман __________________________ каф мудири С.Р.Бабаева
Download 14.67 Kb.
Do'stlaringiz bilan baham:
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling