This work is done by Asiljonov Shohboz
Task 1. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate answer
1. He says he ___ his friend whom he ___ for many years.
A) meets / didn’t see B) met / hadn’t seen
C) met / haven’t seen D) will meet / sees E) meet / doesn’t see
2. That day when we were in the restaurant each one ___ what he ___ .
A) receive / orders B) received / had ordered
C) is receiving / is ordering D) will receive / would order
E) is received / is ordered
3. - What ___ you ___ here?
- I ___ for my friend.
- How long ___ you ___ for him?
- For twenty minutes.
A) are / doing / am waiting / have / been waiting B) do / do / am waiting / do / wait
C) are / doing / wait / have / been waiting D) have / done / am waiting / are / waiting E) are / doing / am waiting / are / waiting
4. Julia has overslept again. She is going ___ late to her work. “I had better ___ a taxi” she thinks.
A) being / take B) to be / take
C) be / to take D) to be / to take E) to be / taking
5. They ___ just ___ and ___ supper now.
A) have / come / are having B) had / come / are having
C) have / come / is having D) had / come / had E) have / come / have
6. I usually ___ there by train but this week-end I ___ by bus.
A) go / am going B) went / go
C) go / go D) go / are going E) go / was going
7. You ___ very thoughtful. What ___ you ___ about?
A) looked / was / thinking B) look / are / thinking C) look / are / think
D) looking / are / thinking E) have looked / had / thought
8. His situation ___ since spring. Now he ___ much better.
A) has improved / feel B) improves / felt
C) improve / is feeling D) has improved / feels E) improved / has felt
9. It’s evening. People ___ to their house and ___ TV
A) come / are watching B) have come / are watching
C) come / watch D) has come / are watching E) are coming / have watched
10. Please, ___ me the newspaper a postman ___ today.
A) show / bring B) shows / brings
C) showed / brought D) show / brought E) show / has brought
11. Do you ___ that woman in the corner? She ___ her dog walk.
A) see / is having B) saw / was having
C) to see / is having D) see / has E) seen / have
12. My dog ___ a lot but it ___ at the moment.
A) is barking / doesn’t bark B) barked / didn’t bark
C) barks / isn’t barking D) was barking / won’t bark
E) will bark / doesn’t bark
13. I ___ about it at the moment and I think that I ___ how to use it now.
A) read / knew B) was reading / knew
Do'stlaringiz bilan baham: