Match the place and description
Download 473.17 Kb.
- Bu sahifa navigatsiya:
- 4 Read and match the years and events. e.g.
|3 Match the place and description.
) Bookshop a) We go there to buy medicine.
2) Chemist’s b) You can learn news in newspapers and magazines.
3) Florist’s c) The place where we buy meat.
4) Greengrocer’s d) Fruit and vegetables are sold there.
5) Newsagent’s e) You can buy flowers there.
6) Butcher’s f) People buy books there.
4 Read and match the years and events.
John Cadbury, who founded the family company in 1824, paid a lot of attention to advertising. When he opened his first shop, he spent lots of money on its decoration. In this shop a Chinese man in traditional Chinese costume worked. It made a lot of people visit this shop.
In 1824, his first ad was published in the Birmingham Gazette. In the 1866 advertisements, he said that this chocolate had a little fat and good taste. It was cheap and there were no bad ingredients. He also added that his chocolate was clean and it could treat diff erent illnesses. People started to buy more and more of this chocolate.
In 1900, Cadbury started publishing posters with ads. There were ads in different magazines. After the First World War, Cadbury organized excursions to his factory. Cadbury Dairy Milk was sold at busy public events. Cadbury became the nation’s leading company.
In 1935, a film was made to advertise Cadbury. Later there were radio programmes about Cadbury.
During the Second World War (1939-1945), Cadbury made its products with dry milk because there was little milk in the country. After the War, Cadbury opened Chocolate Houses which were like cafes. Advertising on television started in 1955.
Now ads are shown on TV and all over the Internet.
2) In 1866, b) Cadbury became the nation’s leading company
3) In 1900, c) advertising are shown on TV and on the Internet.
4) In 1935, d) the advertisements said that chocolate was cheap and there were no bad ingredients.
5) In 1939-1945, e) advertising on television started.
6) In 1955, f) the first ad was published.
7) Now g) a film was made to advertise Cadbury.
Number of correct answers: _________
Mark: _______ Teacher: _________________
Download 473.17 Kb.
Do'stlaringiz bilan baham:
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling