Gata de Gorgos: Around Jesús Pobre
Download 26.31 Kb.Pdf просмотр
- Навигация по данной странице:
- Choice 2: Loop Start (dashed on map)
- Both Choices.
- Here you have a choice.
- Choice 4: Direct Route
Page 1 of 3
Gata de Gorgos: Around Jesús Pobre
Meeting Point The sky blue house behind the first Gata roundabout on the CV734.
Walking Route Around the lanes and tracks between Gata and Jesús Pobre. Amazing
views in all directions. Past cemetery and church, through the town center.
Almost all tarmac or concrete roads.
Couple of small sections of dirt path.
Negligible (approx 60 metres overall).
2 hrs (Choices 2 & 3: 8.4 kms).
1 hr 40 mins (Choices 1 & 4: 6.3 kms.).
Leave Jávea on the CV734 towards Gata. Go straight across the Ferrobox
roundabout. Pass the crematorio and fuel station. At the first roundabout
just outside Gata de Gorgos, turn right and, at the T junction, turn right
again. Pass the back of the sky blue house and park immediately where the
road is wider.
Karen & Clive White
Most of the roads in this area do not have names. I have “invented” some names (those within
parentheses) to help correlate the description with the map.
You have a choice of starts
Choice 1: Basic Start
. With the main road behind you, turn right and walk towards Jávea and
around the left hand bend in the road. On your right you will see the font and washing house
and a very old tree. On your left is a windmill.
2. Walk past the windmill taking the road to the right. Go to step 6.
Choice 2: Loop Start (dashed on map)
. With the main road behind you, turn left and walk
away from Jávea. Walk past the road leading to the roundabout and continue until you reach a
4. Turn right here (into “Cami nord loop”). Walk up until you reach another junction where you
should turn right again (into “Cami aquest loop”). This area is flat and rural.
5. Continue on and turn right again at a driveway to a house. Follow this meandering road (“Cami
6. Follow the road round the right hand bend and take the left hand tarmac turning just ahead
(“Cami nord a la village”). The road is now straight for a while until it reaches a Y-junction.
Take the left hand road (“Cami a la village”).
7. Follow this road ahead and round the left hand bend into a set of houses known locally as “the
village”. As the road (“Cami de la village”) leaves “the village” it turns sharp right.
8. Follow the dog-leg right and left as you cross the barranc. At the end of a 180 metre straight
section, the road turns left. There is a small track straight ahead and a walkers red cross on
the wall. Do not turn left but go straight ahead down the small track.
9. The track has a good surface but can be muddy in wetter times as the fields on the left are higher
than the track. Follow the track until it meets a concrete road (Cami Assagador del Clot del
Mellat). Turn left onto this concrete road.
10. Continue along this concrete road. There will be a junction at a barranc in 250 metres, bear left
and follow the road to a crossroads with the main CV738 Ctra de Dénia. Go straight across the
main road continuing on Cami de l’Assagador del Clot del Mollet in the direction of the dog
kennels (Casa Antigua).
11. After ~250 m, you will pass the cemetery entrance on the right and then the road turns right.
You should turn right as well - do not continue to follow the road to the kennels! After you
pass a house with impressive gates on the right hand side, the tarmac road will turn left. There
Page 2 of 3
is a concrete track on the right at this point. Turn right down the concrete track. The track
passes a well and a couple of houses.
12. The track will bend left and emerge at the Jesús Pobre church. Walk past the church front and
bear left and head towards the village centre.
13. There are many ways to get through the village. Here are two.
a. One is to turn into the apartment area on the right through an archway, walk through
the complex, straight across the road and up into the new village square. Take the
steps on the right down to the main road (CV738) and then turn left.
b. Another is to walk to the Riu Rau on the left, walk through it and out onto the road.
Take the road almost opposite (to the left) and turn right when it “T-junctions” with
the main street of Jesús Pobre (Carrer Major / Calle del Padre Pedro). Walk down to
the main road (CV738) and then turn left (see dotted route on map).
14. Once you are walking on the main road (CV738) and have past the junction with Carrer Major,
you will reach a small road on the right that has a new row of terraced houses on its left hand
side (The road is signed as Cami Jesús Pobre i Pedreguer a Xabia). Turn right here.
15. Walk down the road and follow it around to the right, past a much older house, then left and out
into the open fields. The road skirts some cultivated, some uncultivated fields before it comes
to a T-junction with a tarmac road. Turn right (still Cami Jesús Pobre I Pedreguer a Xabia).
16. Follow this road, ignoring the road on the right Cami de l’Assagador del Clot del Mellat (aka
Mollet). Immediately you will pass some stables on the right. After another 300 metres, the
tarmac road bends to the right and there is a wide track straight ahead. Do
follow the track,
but turn right to stay on the tarmac road.
17. This road passes a few houses and then zigzags as it reaches a barranc/stream.
Choice 3: The Barranc Path
. Just before the barranc, there is a track on the left that runs
parallel with the course of the barranc. Take this track.
19. The track follows roughly in a straight line, staying parallel to the barranc although not as close
as it was at the start. At the end of the track you will reach a tarmac road (“Cami oest”).
20. Turn right onto “Cami oest” and the road immediately crosses the barranc. Bear right and walk
on and eventually you will pass “Cami nord a la village” joining in from the right.
Go to step 23.
. Continue on the tarmac road across the barranc and you will soon meet
the Y-junction visited earlier in the walk.
22. Bear left and walk down “Cami nord a la village”. At the T-junction, turn right.
23. Follow the road around the left bend and soon you will see the windmill and pass the font.
There is an old Eucalyptus at the back of the font area as well as an old clothes washing area.
24. Walk around the next right hand bend to return to the parking area.
Page 3 of 3
Do'stlaringiz bilan baham:
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling