Exercise Look and answer the questions What types of school are there in Uzbekistan? Answer
Download 17.98 Kb.
26.05 gacha Education in Uzbekistan(1)
Exercise 1. Look and answer the questions
1. What types of school are there in Uzbekistan?
Answer:There are 5 types of school in Uzbekistan including kindergarten,secondary school,specialized school,specialized boarding school,academic lyceum and college.
2. Did you go to kindergarten? What age do children go there?
Answer:Yes,I did.I used to go kindergarten when I was 4-6.Children who are 3-6 usually go kindergarten.
3. How old were you when you started school? What is the usual age for starting
4. When you finish class 9, where will you go?
Answer: Children will have three choices to continue studying when they finished class 9.They can enter professional colleges and academic lyceums to or they can stay school to go on getting education at school.
Exercise 2. Work in groups. Answer the following questions.
1. Do you know what private school is? Have you heard about it?
Answer:Private shool which is also called non-governmental or non-state school is privetly funded and not administered by local,state or national governments.To offer non-formal education services the private school needs the license by State Inspectorate for Quality Control of Education of the Republic Of Uzbekistan first.
2. Do we have private schools here in Uzbekistan?
Answer:There are some private schools in Uzbekistan which have been opened recent years.I can tell you some of their names:The British school of Tashkent,Erudite Education School,Children’s Academy Group,Cambridge International School,Artel Technical School,Oxbridge International SchoolEcole francaise de Tachkent and etc.
3. What do you think of private school? Would you like private schools in
4. Do you think we will have private schools in the future? Why/why not?
Answer:There are some private schools that already started their work in our country.And we can see lots of good results of them and according to these facts I can say that we will have private schools in the future.
5. Which schools do you think are better: private or public schools?
Answer:Both private and public schools have some advantages and disadvantages.Children may choose to go to private school for a variety of reasons,such as,more flexible curriculum,small class sizes,the desire for single-gender education and etc.The biggest park of attending a public school over a private school is saving money.Public schools are free – no tuition required.
Exercise 3.Put the prepositions where necessary
1. According to official sources, about 60 percent of Uzbekistan’s population is
Covered with the system of education.
2. The earlier educational system required 11 years for compulsory schooling
for both men and women.
3. In 1992 the policy decision was made to change for 11 to 9 years of
4. After nine years of compulsory schooling, students can prepare for higher
education in tenth or eleventh grade or turn to vocational training.
5. After graduating from any type of secondary education, an individual can
enter a higher education institution to obtain a bachelor's degree and continue
study toward a master’s or doctoral degree.
6. Girls and boys are legally considered equal and study in the same classes
and schools. Schools are open to all ethnic groups, and minorities of schools
are rarely an issue.
1. Because compulsory education is freely provided to all children of
Uzbekistan, private schools have a difficult time justifying their existence.
2. In fact, they were banned in 1993. Also, since Uzbekistan Law declares
the separation of education from religion, there are no religious schools.
3. However, in 1999, the establishment of the Tashkent Islamic University was
allowed. Computer technology, thanks to international assistance,was
introduced to educational institutions and training centers.
4. In 1994, the Central Asian Telecommunications Training Center (CATTC)
was established in Uzbekistan under the Tacis Program of the European
Commission. Training at the CATTC provides using modern teaching aids,
active methods, and individual and group methods by specialists and experts in
5. The Computer Center at the University of Samarkand provides computer
service to departments and research units and collaborates with other institution s
and the private sector to run short training courses. At the secondary school level,
computers are still rare.
In Uzbekistan 11 years of education are compulsory and free, beginnings
with 4 years at primary school, and followed by 2 phases of secondary education
taking 5 and 2 years respectively. Primary school begins at age 6 and there is no
specific leaving examination after the 4 years are complete.
The next 5 years are spent at general secondary school from ages 10 to 15.
Following that, there is a choice of between 2 to 3 years of upper education at
either general or technical vocational schools. The former provides a certificate of
completed secondary education and the opportunity to enter university, the latter a
diploma of specialized secondary education, through a network of secondary
Unemployment remains relatively high, and there are many people
desperately in need of new or more appropriate skills. There are a number of state
and donor programs in place to address the structural training shortfall. Eventually,
the goal is to meet European union standards.
True ir False?
- In Uzbekistan 11 years of education are compulsory and free, beginnings
with 5 years at primary school.False
- Primary school begins at age 6 and there is no specific leaving examination
after the 4 years are complete.True
- General secondary school is from ages 9 to 12.False
- There are not a number of state and donor programs in place to address the
structural training shortfall.False
of on by in from (2)
Non university-level tertiary education is provided by national enterprise
training centers and a number of business schools, as well as lycea that train
professionals from new economic and service fields. Higher education is available
in several universities and over 50 higher education institutes. The flagship is the
Taškent Islamic University opened not many years ago. On its grounds still stands
the mausoleum of the grandfather of the Mughal Emperor Basbur dating in the
Download 17.98 Kb.
Do'stlaringiz bilan baham:
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling