Download 21.53 Kb.
- Bu sahifa navigatsiya:
- HOMEWORK EXERCISES Answer the following questions
- Invention Replacement Advantage Disadvantage
- Discoveries, inventions, new products and their effects (good or evil)”
EDUCATION IN UZBEKISTAN
WHY I WON’T BUY A COMPUTER?
Complete the following sentences and discuss them:
1. Scientific and technological breakthroughs have brought great benefits. You only have to look around your own home to see this technologies.
2. Many illnesses can now be treated or cured, for example, Peptic ulcer, renal insufficiency, cholesterolaemia, and Huntington's disease.
3. Other examples of changes are productivity, efficiency, health, knowledge, entertainment, society, culture and ex.
4. Nowadays, we are very dependent on technology. If this continues, technology can also drive us. Because robots are produced in many countries.
5. Take, for example, television, computer games, the Internet, telephone, gadgets, social networks (telegram, instagram and ex.).
6. New products have also made a major difference to our working lives. 7 Products That Have Changed Our Lives. 1) FM Radio. FM radio was a big deal in the 60s. 2) Cable TV. 3) The Remote Control. Changing the TV without getting up was such a pleasure. 4) The Microwave Oven. Nuking hot dogs and leftovers in seconds. 5) The ATM. 6) Express Mail. 7) CDs.
7. Nowadays, the internet has become an important part of our lives as we have moved to a distance education system due to the pandemic.
8. In the future there may be even more major breakthroughs in the fields of medicine, leisure, work, education, finance, industry, mass media.
9. We may no longer have to the telegraph, the hourglass, the analog television.
10. We will be able to make our lives better.
1. More money than I can afford and more than I wish to pay to people whom I do not admire. But the cost would not be just monetary. It is well understood that technological innovation always requires the discarding of "the old model", what would be superseded would be not only something, but somebody.
2. The new tool should be cheaper than the one it replaces. It should use less energy.
3. It became possible to find all the information you need in studying in a matter of seconds. Communicating with relatives abroad has become easier. Documents were easily digitized.
4. 1) Apple Air Pods Pro. 2) Smart Watch. 3) Asus Chrome book Flip C436. 4) Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
5. Yes. I know how to use a computer. Because I need to know computer in the field of education I studying.
6. Yes. Sometimes I’m afraid to break it when I’m working on a computer.
7. List ten modern inventions:
8. True or False?
Modern technology is out of control, and ruining the quality of life on Earth; we must limit technology and its influence on individual. True
Modern inventions are labor-saving devices. Without them people remain slaves to boring, repetitive work. True
9. Technology can make our lives easier, but with each benefit comes a potential cost. We can still advance technologically without impacting society too immensely by understanding these costs and minimizing them. There is a balance that needs to be found between correctly using technology but knowing when to turn it off. Finding this balance is in the hands of the people though, and will ultimately influence our society for generations to come.
“Discoveries, inventions, new products and their effects (good or evil)”
Each year, ARS laboratories release new discoveries, inventions and technological breakthroughs. Their research focuses on human nutrition, natural resources, crop and animal production, food safety, and even bioenergy.
This research plays a vital role in developing scientific information and technologies to improve agricultural food production.
The 10 inventions that have had the most impact on human society.
The printing press had an amazing impact for people all around the world, because information could be recorded and spread around the world much faster than before.
4 – The Telephone
It simply lets us communicate with any other person in the world that also has a telephone. Nowadays, it’s hard to imagine a person going anywhere without a cell phone in their pocket.
5 – Steam Engine
6 – Antibiotics
It saved and is still saving countless lives by preventing the growth of harmful bacteria. Antibiotics are still known for their ability to fight off almost every form of infection.
7 – The Automobile
8 – Electricity
9 – The Computer
10 – The Internet
The internet is the one thing that enabled us to be connected to the whole world, no matter where we are.
Download 21.53 Kb.
Do'stlaringiz bilan baham:
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling